[U-Boot] Booting uboot from Onenand

Vivek DALAL dalal.vivek at gmail.com
Mon May 11 18:35:01 CEST 2009

Hi

I am porting uboot on Poseidon Board(OMAP 2430).
I am able to download  uboot on to RAM using Trace-32(Leuterbach) and get
the prompt and after downloading  uboot.bin to RAM, I executed onenand erase
and write commands for downloading u-boot-onenand.bin on to OneNand chip
which is mapped at 0x00000000.

After reset, board should get booted up automatically. But its not
happening. The problem is in X-Loader section of U-boot-onenand.bin, which
should automatically loads itself in SRAM section of Onenand(1 KB) and then
should copy bootloader onto RAM; from where it should execute and give me
prompt.
 In Onenand IPL section(xloader), I am disabling Watchdog timers, using
default clock settings, initializing SDRC and stack.

I am not able to debug the issue because as far as I know Trace-32 doesn't
support debugging OneNand. Please provide me alternative to debug the
problem as I am unable to guess which part of xloader is failing.

--
Cheers

Vivek Dalal
=== He who angers you conquers you ===