[U-Boot] start.s file

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue May 12 16:30:21 CEST 2009

Hi Deepak,

> In the quest of finding the code for relocation i have reached the start.s
> file present in u-boot-1.1.6\cpu\mpc83xx\ folder.

This is old code you're looking at.  Best would be to look at current
code although this doesn't help here.

> Even its in assembly language (i dont know assembly language beyond
> movlw) i tried to understand that using the descriptions of the
> commands given in this site:
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/systems/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.aix.aixassem/doc/alangref/mfmsr.htm
> but im not able to proceed much. Is there any better way to understand
> this.

The algorithm is implemented in assembler (at the relocate_code label),
so understanding assembler a little bit will be a preliminary to
understanding unless you have access to a device which we in german call
a "Nürnberger Trichter" [its a mythical mechanical learning device] ;)

Cheers
  Detlev

--
I haven't lost my mind, I know exactly where I left it.