[U-Boot] PCIe on Kilauea

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri May 15 15:55:50 CEST 2009

On Friday 15 May 2009 14:05:10 Weirich, Bernhard wrote:
> I have installed u-boot v-2009.06-rc1 on my kilauea board (using BDI2000).
>
> It boots but it stalls at line 716 in 4xx_pcie.c
> Even when I plug in a PCIe card it does not get any further.
> Are there any known issues with PCIe on the kilauea eval board?

No, not that I remember.

> Am I doing anything wrong (although I cannot imagine what
>
> 4xx_pcie.c:
> /* poll for phy !reset */
>  716         while (!(SDR_READ(SDRN_PESDR_PHYSTA(port)) & 0x00001000))
>  717                 ;

The only idea I have is power supply. Are you using an ATX power supply? This
is mandatory for PCIe IIRC. Other than this I have never heard of a board
hanging in PCIe init without any card installed. Perhaps it's a HW problem on
the board.

BTW: Did you test with an earlier U-Boot version? How did this work?

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de