[U-Boot] Memory problems on mpc8572ds

Sebastian Andrzej Siewior u-boot at ml.breakpoint.cc
Fri May 15 20:26:32 CEST 2009

* Rafal Jaworowski | 2009-05-15 20:12:48 [+0200]:

> I can confirm this. We have been suffering from instabilities of the main
> line U-Boot on MPC8572DS since a long time ago. It is strongly correlated
> with memory controller settings: the same h/w unit works fine with
> 1.3.0-rc2 (Freescale LTIB), while using anything newer from main line leads
> to hangs and/or corruptions. We tried to nail down the issue, but could not
> find anything conclusive in the given time, so just stick with that old
> (but stable) 1.3.0 derivative...
With the v1.3.0-rc2 I was able to compile qt4-x11 (one make job) with no
problems. After I tried to compile the package six times in parallel (also one
make job) I saw that some of the compile jobs ended up in an ICE at
random points.
So I thing there is also some instability with v1.3.0-rc2 but it is
harder to trigger.

> Other data point: we observed much often the above problems with rev1.1 of
> the silicon, rev1.0 is also failing, but 1.1 is very quick to err.
I have just rev1.1

> Rafal

Sebastian