[U-Boot] u-boot version

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue May 19 16:14:01 CEST 2009

Hi Deepak,

> Actually we are planning to include a new parameter as version of
> parameter.

This sounds like mata-programming, although I'm pretty sure that you
wnat to do something simple - so obviously I did not understand what you
want to do, sorry.

> I have a tentative idea of writing into the nand flash as a env
> variable so that i will be able to read it from the u-boot and then from
> kernel. But im not sure of how to do this. do u have any idea if this is
> possible.

Much is possible, but I do not understand what exactly you are trying to
do.  Maybe you tell us what "high level" goal you try to achieve and
then we can decide for ourselves if an environment variable is the way
to go here or if other more natural solutions come to mind.

> Also how do i add a new env variable in u-boot...

setenv newvariable newvalue

Cheers
  Detlev

--
The latest code  looks a bit similar to the old  [linux] big-reader-locks  hack
(which got dropped for good many eons ago and with which i deny any involvement