[U-Boot] Cross-compiling U-Boot on Mac OS X -- can't find crc32.c?

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Wed May 20 03:38:39 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD
<plagnioj at jcrosoft.com> wrote:
> to compile on Mac OS you will have to move to the laster Mainline ,
> fix the lib_ftd endian.h and byteswap.h does not exist on MAC OS X IIRC
> and fix the _depend Makefile target
> I've start to fix it but never find time to finish (some patch are already
> mainline)

Well, I tried to fix it, but I can't figure it out.  I just don't
understand why it's so broken.  The errors I get are so confusing, and
I can't figure out what the Makefile is doing when it fails.  So I
give up.

Fortunately, I found a version of mkimage that builds just fine as-is,
and that's all I care about for now.  If anyone else is interested,
you can find it here:

http://packages.debian.org/sid/uboot-mkimage

Just download the tarball and run 'make'.

Wolfgang, I think you seriously need to revamp your build process.
The kernel is orders of magnitude more complex than U-Boot, and yet I
can build it just fine on OS X.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale