[U-Boot] [RFC/PATCH] jffs2/mtdparts: Fix problem with usage from JFFS2 and MTDPARTS together

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed May 20 12:01:50 CEST 2009

Hi Wolfgang,

On Sunday 17 May 2009 15:54:28 Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> My tests are not succesful wither. I tested on TQM8548; when booting
> Linux I see this:

> NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0x2c, Chip ID: 0xdc (Micron NAND 512MiB
> 3,3V 8-bit)
> Scanning device for bad blocks
> Bad eraseblock 628 at 0x000004e80000
> Bad eraseblock 995 at 0x000007c60000
> Bad eraseblock 2051 at 0x000010060000
> Bad eraseblock 3608 at 0x00001c300000
> Bad eraseblock 3992 at 0x00001f300000

<snip>

> => fsinfo
> ### filesystem type is JFFS2
> Scanning JFFS2 FS:   read_nand_cached: error reading nand off 0xabfe00 size
> 8192 bytes read_nand_cached: error reading nand off 0xadfe00 size 8192
> bytes
> read_nand_cached: error reading nand off 0xac0000 size 8192 bytes
> read_nand_cached: error reading nand off 0xaffe00 size 8192 bytes

<snip>

> The addresses where the read errors occur don't seem to be related to
> the bad blocks reported by Linux.

No. What does a "normal" "nand read" return when reading this complete
partition into RAM? On PPC4xx it returned -117 here. I fixed it with the
already posted patches for the 4xx NDFC ECC byte ordering. Perhaps the TQM8548
has similar incompatibility issues with the Linux kernel here too?

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de