[U-Boot] bootstrap nand write function

Deepak Gopalakrishnan Deepak.Gopalakrishnan at Lntemsys.com
Fri May 22 08:23:46 CEST 2009

Hi Scott
Yes thats the exact problem im going to face. But the function is a must.
Could you help me understand what all are the things i will have to keep
in mind if I have to write the nand write function..
i have made a list of instructions which i would have to follow from the
datasheet:
1. Serial data input command - 0x80
2. 5 cycle address input
3. Serial Data loading
4 Page program confirm command - 0x10
5. read status register command - 0x70

my function just has to write over the environment variable part at
0x60000 address
could you tell me wat all things i shud take care of.?
Regards,
Deepak Gopalakrishnan

Scott Wood <scottwood at freescale.com>
05/21/2009 10:21 PM

Deepak Gopalakrishnan <Deepak.Gopalakrishnan at Lntemsys.com>
cc
u-boot at lists.denx.de
Subject
Re: [U-Boot] bootstrap nand write function

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 01:56:37PM +0530, Deepak Gopalakrishnan wrote:
> Hi
> i want to write a function using which i will be able to add a new env
> variable from the bootstrap.
> cud you help me with the sequence i should follow when im writing this
> function...
> thanks and regards,
> Deepak Gopalakrishnan

If by "bootstrap" you mean a 4K or so bit of code that loads the main
u-boot into RAM, then there's probably not enough room to do that (at
least not without hacking something together that is very
special-purpose and doesn't use much of the existing environment
or NAND infrastructure).

-Scott