[U-Boot] [RFC] initcall mechanism introduction

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed May 27 20:48:41 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 27 May 2009 04:12:21 Stefan Roese wrote:
> ACK. Even though I don't have a clue right now how this could be
> accomplished in practise without breaking some of the (old) board ports.

i thought current practice was that if no one cared to update board ports and
verify they still worked, then they were in effect dead and should be dropped.

i'd also support initcall integration, but in order to have correct
initialization order for core aspects, we're still going to need a hardcoded
list somewhere -- this is how the kernel works too after all.  hopefully this
would allow us to unify the board init process into common code though.
-mike