[U-Boot] Turning optimizations off

Fahd Abidi fabidi at ultsol.com
Thu May 28 22:05:02 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am debugging u-boot with a BDI and am running into a case where a
variable gets optimized out. For the sake of debugging I am trying to
turn off optimizations.
I have the following in u-boot-2009.01/config.mk, but GDB still reports
optimizations:

OPTFLAGS= -Os -fno-schedule-insns -fno-schedule-insns2
#-fomit-frame-pointer

(gdb) stepi

0x0ff78750 in get_table_entry_name (table=<value optimized out>,

msg=0xff9e1a8 "Unknown Architecture", id=7) at image.c:544

544 }

Does anyone know how to completely turn optimization off? Using no -O
flag results in u-boot not compiling.

Fahd Abidi
Product Manager - Technical Tools and Development
Ultimate Solutions, Inc.
Your Single Source for Professional Development Tools and Embedded
Solutions
Ph: 978-455-3383 x255
Fx: 978-926-3091
Email: fabidi at ultsol.com