[U-Boot] Does uboot EBS(erase block summary) to reduce JFFS2 scaning time?

HeLei leon.he at msn.com
Tue Nov 3 09:21:04 CET 2009

Thank you, Jocke

   You mean even EBS is used in UBOOT, it will not give me much help. But it seems there is great efficiency in jffs2 mounting, from some artical in internet, such as:http://www.embedded-linux.co.uk/tutorial/jffs2-summary

> scanning of JFFS2 in u-boot is inefficient. u-boot could take a
> hint from the kernel impl. of JFFS2 to reduce scanning. The biggest
> ones are:
> - do no scan the whole EB when it is empty.

   If we don't scan the block, how can we tell the EB is empty?

> - impl. a better crc32(use the one from linux)
> - Don't scan more than you have to, that is, ls/read /some/file
> should only scan and keep records to do the ls/read of that
> particular file.
   So we have to have an index, or something like that, to tell which file in which EBs. This index is always generated by the scan for the first time.

   The only workaround like this idea is to divide the flash into several paritions, the scan is performed on certain partition each time.

> There were some patches floating around quite some time ago to improve
> scanning but I don't think they made it into the u-boot repo.

   As far as I know, YAFFS2 also has this problem however the code is ported from linux. It's also inefficient for YAFFS2  scanning?