[U-Boot] Does uboot EBS(erase block summary) to reduce JFFS2 scaning time?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 3 14:21:08 CET 2009

Dear Joakim Tjernlund,

In message <OF0C7E2190.C549E7B4-ONC1257663.003B88C7-C1257663.003BFEAC at transmode.se> you wrote:

> > HeLei <leon.he at msn.com> wrote on 03/11/2009 09:21:04:
> > >
> > > Thank you, Jocke

> > Attaching a very crude port of linux crc32. This boots a linux img
> > for me and handles the environment crc as well. Feel free
> > to clean it up and submit to u-boot.
> >
> >      Jocke
>
> So I could not help myself, here is a better port of crc32 to u-boot.
> You will probably get at small conflict due to LINK_OFF, just remove
> the LINK_OFF stuff for now.
> Could you test and report?
> Do you have a little or big endian target?

I understand you will resend this patch with a proper Subject: for
real review on the list?

You also might want to explain in which way this patch is "more
efficient" - in terms of memory footprint, or execution time, or
both? And by how much? Tested in which envrionment(s) ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
People are always a lot more complicated than you  think.  It's  very
important to remember that.             - Terry Pratchett, _Truckers_