[U-Boot] jffs2 FS flash occupation

HeLei leon.he at msn.com
Wed Nov 4 02:42:42 CET 2009

> Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 23:18:22 +0800
> From: xiangfu.z at gmail.com
> To: leon.he at msn.com
> CC: u-boot at lists.denx.de
> Subject: Re: [U-Boot] jffs2 FS flash occupation
>
> HeLei wrote:
> > Hi, all
> >

> > If I wish to support uImage in jffs2 FS in NAND flash, how many size will be used for JFFS2 FS itself, such as wearing level, GC, JFFS2 INODE header?
>
> what you mean about uImage? is that kernel?

   uImage is the firmware including both kernel and application.

> > For example, NAND fash size is 32M and uImage is 8M including application and kernel.
> >
> I don't understand your question.
> "uImage is 8M including application"?
> uImage is the kernel right?
> why there is application ?

   In our solution, application and kernel are wrapped into on firmware. I'm not sure it's accurate enought to call it uImage.

   My question is:

   Supposing pure data(kernel and application) is 8M, and NAND flash is 32M, then how many bytes|blocks JFFS2 file system will occupy by itself, such as wearing level, gc algorithm, JFFS2 INODE header... ?