[U-Boot] Does uboot EBS(erase block summary) to reduce JFFS2 scaning time?

HeLei leon.he at msn.com
Thu Nov 5 09:33:31 CET 2009

>Hi, All

>   Each time JFFS2 initialized, uboot need to scan the whole flash. This is
> fairly time consuming.
>
>   So EBS(erase block summary) is used to JFFS2 to reduce mounting time. And I
> believe this can also be used to UBOOT to reduce booting time.
>
>   Does UBOOT support this feature? or does any other solution in uboot to
> reduce JFFS2 scaning time?

Well, I well answer the question myself, after I review the code.
U-boot supports this feature around since 2008-12, but it just supports EBS for NOR flash. NAND flash EBS is still not supported yet.
I think it's more important for NAND flash, for NAND reading-cycle consumes more time as far as I know.