[U-Boot] Quick sanity test after my NAND patches

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Fri Nov 6 22:17:57 CET 2009

Scott Wood wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 02:47:01PM -0600, Paulraj, Sandeep wrote:
>> As most of you know I submitted a lot of patches for the MTD NAND driver
>> to sync up with what's in the kernel.
>
> They appear to correlate with specific Linux commits -- could you preserve
> the authorship and signoffs?  Especially when a copyrightably-sized chunk of
> code is being added.
>
> -Scott

I don't know if the technique will work for you (Sandeep), but for the
libfdt synchronization, I literally extracted the patches from the
master DTC repository (git format-patch) and applied them (git am).

For the most part, David Gibson and Jon Loeliger made separate patches
for libfdt vs. the other stuff, so that was very helpful.  Once or twice
I hand edited the patch to remove patches to non-libfdt files.  I also
have to change the include/fdtlib.h file path since the DTC puts the
header file in a different directory.  Hand editing the patches is an
ugly solution, but the result is very nice since it preserves the
changes, signoffs, and comments verbatim.

HTH,
gvb