[U-Boot] Quick sanity test after my NAND patches

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Fri Nov 6 22:37:31 CET 2009

Paulraj, Sandeep wrote:
> Scott, Jerry,

[snip]

>> I don't know if the technique will work for you (Sandeep), but for the
>> libfdt synchronization, I literally extracted the patches from the
>> master DTC repository (git format-patch) and applied them (git am).
>
> This might not work as git-am will complain about not being able to apply clean.

I may be missing something, but if you hand-edit the patches so that
they are still valid patches, they will apply cleanly.  In my hand
editing, I cut out all patch hunks to non-existing (for me) files (from
the patch's file name header to the next file name header).  This is
simply a delete operation so it is pretty hard to screw up.  I also
changed the file paths for all file references to libfdt.h which is
simply a substitution problem, again hard to screw up.

I don't know how complex your starting point patches are, so that may be
what I'm missing.

Note that the MD5 hash will be different between my edited patch and the
original patch, so you won't be able to correlate the u-boot/libfdt
patch directly to the DTC/libfdt patch, but that would happen anyway.

[snip]

Best regards,
gvb