[U-Boot] Best way of making some drivers common across kirkwood and orion5x SoCs?

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Mon Nov 9 19:57:28 CET 2009

Hi PRafulla,

Prafulla Wadaskar a écrit :

 > 1. For SOC support Orion should be implemented similar to Kirkwood
 > (you agreed on this)

I still do. :)

 > 2. For common drivers for (ex: kirkwood_egiga.c) the common code must
 > be abstracted to egiga_core.c and architecture specific code must be
 > supported through kirkwood_egiga.c/h and orion_egiga.c/h, this way it
 > would make it more clean and structured.

Agreed.

 > What is your opinion with #2 suggestion?

Sounds fine! I'll start submitting patches for both common drivers and
orion support based on this proposal.

Regarding the arch-specific parts of current driver code, should they
end up in cpu/arm926ejs/{kirkwood,orion5x} or stay in drivers/*? I tend
like cpu/arm926ejs/* better as it puts everything arch-specific in a
single place.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.