[U-Boot] MPC8349E-MDS questions

Mit Matelske mit at jetiprinters.com
Wed Nov 11 20:37:23 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 3:07 PM, David Hawkins <dwh at ovro.caltech.edu> wrote:
> David Hawkins wrote:
<snip>
> In that case the U-Boot reset vector starts in the same sector
> as the RCWs, with the RCWs at 0, and the reset vectors at 100h.
> Thats why you also see the RCWs in the high-boot image (well,
> you used to, not sure if you do now).
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Dave (and the list)-

Thanks for the insight.  I believe I have everything I asked about
figured out, but I am still not having any luck getting the new u-boot
to load.  I see the processor go and start fetching the u-boot image
off the flash and it comes out of reset, then soon after a hard reset
is issued.

I can not wrap my head around why the new u-boot (2009-8) will not
boot versus the old u-boot (1.1.3).  I didn't really change anything
to get the stock Freescale u-boot to boot on this board except change
the flash size information.

One interesting thing running the new u-boot code is I don't ever see
it try to read the BCSR (on CS1).

Speaking of, why did the BCSR get mapped to 0xE2400000 from 0xF8000000?

I know I'm being vague, but I've trying so many things and had no
luck, so I just wanted any ideas from the crowd.

Oh, and your paper you linked to earlier is a wealth of information!
It takes reading a lot of Freescale documentation over and over again
to grasp some concepts you summed up nicely in a few pages.

Thanks in advance!

Mit