[U-Boot] redundant code in common/cmd_i2c.

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Nov 12 15:38:19 CET 2009

Hi Heiko,

> Hello PratapChandu,
>
> PratapChandu wrote:
>> The following code fragment in the file common/cmd_i2c.c  seems to be redundant.
>> Is not good to delete  ?
>>
>> Line 330 - 336 is like below
>>
>> #if 0
>>         for (timeout = 0; timeout < 10; timeout++) {
>>             udelay(2000);
>>             if (i2c_probe(chip) == 0)
>>                 break;
>>         }
>> #endif
>
> Yes, this seems to be dead code. Please provide a patch for removing
> it.

Ah uh, check the comment above which is directly related to this piece
of code.  if you remove only the code, you have a dangling comment.
Maybe this was meant to be an option but nobody cared to make it
optional?

Actually I do not know if this was ever used, but we should try to do
the change consistently.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
[Linux] USB consoles was a  bad hack written on a drunken dare.   I'm still
constantly amazed that the thing even works at all, let alone the fact that