[U-Boot] Help command broken on AT91SAM9G10-EK

Justin Waters justin.waters at timesys.com
Fri Nov 13 23:10:40 CET 2009

Peter,

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 16:39 -0500, Peter Tyser wrote:
> My guess is that somehow the end of u-boot command section is getting
> corrupted.  Perhaps the editenv patches, etc increase the size of your
> image such there's an overlap in sections that isn't reported as an
> error?  Or is the stack above the U-boot image in RAM?  Or malloc pool,
> etc?
> If you look at other commands near help (eg exit or test) in your
> System.map file, do they have the same issues as as 'help'?  Seems fishy
> that the u-boot command table is near the end of the u-boot image, and
> you're seeing issues specifically with the end of the u-boot command
> table.

Brilliant.  I removed a couple of commands (USB, in particular), and it
seems to be working fine.  No garbled messages, no system halt.

I'll look into this some more on Monday.  It seems to only affect the
9261/9G10 family.  Everything works fine on the 9G20 and 9263.

Thank you for your help!  editenv is a really nice addition, by the way.

> Best,
> Peter

Thanks,
Justin