[U-Boot] TFTP on beagle board

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 17 07:36:26 CET 2009

Mai Daftedar wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I was wondering how can we configure the u-boot with the TFTP
> capability on the beagle board at runtime..

For this you will need ethernet support in U-Boot. There are two (?)
options to achieve this: Add support for USB ethernet dongle in U-Boot
or use a Beagle expansion card with ethernet.

Regarding USB ethernet dongle, there are some basic USB patches for
Beagle U-Boot on the list. But I'm not sure how much work it is to
enable them to support USB ethernet.

For ethernet on expansion board, there is TinCanTool's Zippy board
[1]. To access ethernet on this board from U-Boot, an U-Boot OMAP3 SPI
driver is missing.

Both options are not ready, yet, and need some development work. Any
help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Dirk

Btw.: I added U-Boot list, it is the better place to discuss this.

[1]
http://www.tincantools.com/product.php?productid=16147&cat=0&page=1&featured