[U-Boot] How to download image to U-Boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 17 23:03:03 CET 2009

Dear Grant Edwards,

In message <hdv4ns$4lk$1 at ger.gmane.org> you wrote:

> I take it that your position is that everying that U-Boot
> doesn't support is worthless and stupid as are people who
> desire or currently use such features.

Now check who is rude and insulting.

U-Boot is a boot loader, and as such it provides a certain  level  of
functionality.  Its  features  are  therefore  limited (but still far
better than available in most other boot loaders). But  we  definitly
don't  want  to  grow it into an operating system. There are certaing
things like full network stack with  authentication,  encryption  and
who  knows  what  else that simply have no place in a boot loader. If
you need something like that (and your requirements say so), then use
the appropriate tool, i. e. use an OS.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Probably the best operating system in the world  is  the  [operating
system] made for the PDP-11 by Bell Laboratories."
                                           - Ted Nelson, October 1977