[U-Boot] help on a compiler error in include/asm/system.h

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Nov 19 09:14:32 CET 2009

On Thursday 19 November 2009 you write:
>     Now our arm board is based on u-boot v2009.08 and I need to use
> bifs.
>
>     So I replace some files from u-boot's latest version.
>
>     They are:
>
>     fs/ubifs/ubifs.c
>     fs/ubifs/ubifs.h
>     include/asm-arm/bitops.h
>     include/linux/bitops.h
>
>     and define the following configs in config file:
>
>     #define CONFIG_CMD_UBI
>     #define CONFIG_CMD_UBIFS
>     #define CONFIG_RBTREE
>     #define CONFIG_LZO
>
>     When compiling, I encountered an error:

<snip>

>     Is there any other files I need to merge to resolve this error?

Yes, there must be something missing. I just tried compiling UBIFS on ARM on
the latest U-Boot version from the git repository. I used the "apollon" target
and added the following defines:

#define CONFIG_CMD_UBIFS
#define CONFIG_LZO

Works like a charm. No problems. I suggest you use the latest version of U-
Boot version on your board as well.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de