[U-Boot] Cisco job Opportunity - Senior Software Engineer - Platform Software (uboot, kernel, driver) - 3 Positions

Sadakathullah Mohamed Ali (mohamali) mohamali at cisco.com
Sat Nov 21 00:01:40 CET 2009

Hi Uboot Guru's,

Cisco's  Server Access Virtualization product group is actively looking
to hire 3 Senior Software Engineers with experience in  Linux Kernel,
Uboot, Platform preferably in networking or storage space. We will also
consider if someone is a technical lead.

	Please let me know if you would be interested. If yes please
email me your resume to  "mohamali AT cisco DOT com"

	Job Title:  Software Platform  Software Engineer
	Location: San Jose, CA  - USA

computing Product group. The job involves working on a cutting edge data
center switch. We are looking for candidates who strive in a fast paced
start-up like environment.

	Opportunity Snapshot:
	In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in new Layer
3 project as part of the software engineering team of SAVBU. Become a
key part of Cisco's Data Center strategy. Cisco is looking for a
dynamic, success driven and entrepreneurial product manager to play a
key role in driving marketing strategy and execution with the Unified
Computing System (UCS) partner ecosystem.
	We are looking for candidates who strive in a fast paced
start-up like environment. You will be part of a dedicated team, open
communications, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success
are the foundations of the team.
	http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns224/index.html

	Responsibilities:
	Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the
development of software for our next generation data center switch
product family, with emphasis in platform development ine, architect,
design, and deliver new software and features for the UCS product line.
You will be exposed to great design methodologies using finite state
machines and various in-house tools/libraries. Work also involves
providing constant feedback to hardware and software teams for
improvements. Write complete functional and design specs independently.
Write portions of product spec. Lead development of subsystems. Design &
Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly.

	Required Skills:
	*Ten plus years of experience in C programming skills.
	*Ten plus years of in-depth experience designing networking
systems with knowledge of any of the following:
Platform/uboot/kernel/board bring up/drivers.
	*Five plus years of experience in design and development in
networking applications.
	*Hands on experience on Device Drivers and with three to ten
years of overall software platform expertise.
	In depth experience and expertise with ASIC hardware
bringup/MAC/PHY programming
	*Strong problem solving and software development/troubleshooting
skills.
	*Minimum five years of related work experience is required.
	*BSEE/CS is required a MSEE/CS is preferred.

	Mohamed Ali
	mohamali at cisco.com