[U-Boot] mtest issue

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 23 13:35:51 CET 2009

Dear Alexey Goncharov,

In message <1bd99ff90911222207v227942d0h4ed03e884bd5ac6d at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> 1. Can i decrease the CFG_MEMTEST_END to avoid the overlaying of mtest
> check-segment and stack (or whatever)? I mean i've already decreased
> CFG_MEMTEST_END to 0xa0750000. Mtest passes, but, obviously, addresses
> from 0xa0750000 to 0xa0800000 are not being checked. is it ok?

You are not only allowed, but you are actually supposed to configure
CFG_MEMTEST_* such that these settings do not conflict with any used
memory ranges on your board.

> 2. Is the memory map i "illustrated" above right?

Probably. But note that it is you who defines the  memory  map  on  a
specific board.

> 3. What is abort-stack (12 bytes)? (please, don't laugh)

Dunno.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
He who hesitates is not only lost, but miles from the next exit.