[U-Boot] Problem with SDRAM on my board.

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Nov 23 13:38:19 CET 2009

Hi Lasse,

> I have ported the uboot for my own board.  But something is going
> wrong when uboot try to relocate itself to ram. But it is only
> sometimes its fail.  Often it work but i then do a mtest in uboot it
> goes down.
>
> I used the mpc837xerdb as a reference. When it fails it look likes it
> is when it try to cmp (from the start.s file) the copyed data to the
> ram.
>
> Anyone had any idea ther maybe could help me a little bit?

Well I'm perfectly in line with your observation that you have problems
with your DRAM setup.  So why not check out the DRAM initialization?
Very likely you copied the initialization from the reference board but
use different physical chips.

If you search the mailing list, you will find the same answer again and
again: Take a good look at the datasheet of your DRAM, your DRAM
controller and the initialization in U-Boot.  Find discrepancies and fix
them until your system works.

It is well known that this is a tedious job, so usually nobody
volunteers to do this for free on the mailing list, but hey, maybe you
are lucky?

Cheers
  Detlev

--
C hasn't changed much since the 1970s. And let's face it it's ugly.
Can't we do better? C++? (Sorry, never mind.)