[U-Boot] Problem with SDRAM on my board.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 23 20:53:00 CET 2009

Dear "Gutierrez Gomez Jesus-B16947",

please restrict the line length of your postings to some 70 characters
or so. Thanks.

In message <F433001A73130B4C92788BA2D371731D070C27CF at az33exm20.fsl.freescale.net> you wrote:

> Are you 100% sure the timing setup of your board's SDRAM are okay? If you c
> opied the setup from another board (with another SDRAM chip), it might be t
> he case where you're not meeting the timing characteristics of the new SDRA
> M chip and therefore SDRAM will have problems when more transactions are de
> manded (for example, U-boot relocation, or mtest).
>
> Please double check the timing spec of your SDRAM chip (or perhaps the whol
> e configuration) and adjust U-boot accordingly to set them up.

And note that timing is just one thing, but strictly adhering to the
required initialization sequence (including any delays, dummy reads or
writes etc.) is at least as important, if not more.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A princess should not be afraid -- not with a brave knight to protect
her.
	-- McCoy, "Shore Leave", stardate 3025.3