[U-Boot] An error in u-boot-2009.08/cpu/arm920t/start.S

Tom Tom.Rix at windriver.com
Thu Nov 26 16:57:10 CET 2009

Alessandro Rubini wrote:
>> Does someone have the s3c2410 manual?
>
> 2410UserManual.pdf:
>
>    USER'S MANUAL
>    S3C2410A ­ 200MHz & 266MHz 32-Bit RISC Microprocessor Revision 1.0
>
>    [...]
>
>    INTERRUPT SUB MASK (INTSUBMSK) REGISTER This register has 11 bits each
>    of which is related to an interrupt source. [...]
>
> Bits 0..10 are valid, and Bit 10 is "INT_ADC".

Yes

I have the manual now.

INTERRUPT SUB MASK (INTSUBMSK) REGISTER
This register has 11 bits each of which is related to an interrupt source.
If a specific bit is set to 1, the interrupt request from the corresponding
interrupt source is not serviced by the CPU (note that even in such a case,
the corresponding bit of the SUBSRCPND register is set to 1). If the mask bit
is 0, the interrupt request can be serviced.

> Actually, I think masking all 32 bits can't have any adverse effect.

No.
These are marked are resevered.
As reserved, we can not assume what the future meaning of these bits will
be.

> Also, reset value is documented to be 0x7FF (all masked).

Yes, the reset value is 7ff.
So I think this is a problem.

Please send a patch.
Thanks for finding this problem.