[U-Boot] U-Boot hangs when board is attached to BDI2000

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Nov 27 16:45:50 CET 2009

Hi Matthias,

> When I issue a "reset run" within the BDI shell, the target boots as
> expected, but when I start the target with "reset halt" to debug it from the
> first instruction it behaves at described above.

Remeber that a "reset run" lets the CPU run from reset completely by
itself, this essentially bypassing the init list statements in the BDI
config file.  A "reset halt" on the other hand will "execute" them.  So
it is very likely that you have a discrepancy between whet U-Boot
initlaizes and what your bdi init file does.  One of such things is for
example if the init file moves immrbase, mbarbase or whatever it is
called on the mpc85xx and U-Boot later on tries to do the same again.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
What is piracy?   Piracy is the act of stealing an artist's work without
any intention of paying for it. I'm not talking about Napster-type soft-