[U-Boot] Having problem Booting linux from nand flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 30 13:09:05 CET 2009

Dear Peter Pan,

please don't top-post / full quote. And make sure never to post HTML
again!

In message <48abf2c20911292253q4850af1dy1767fdd9e3456533 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> --0016368319a25758030479911a75
>
> I assumed that the stack does not support "loff_t", so I search for
> its definition. In /include/asm-ppc/posix_types.h has a definition
> for "__kernel_loff_t" which is type defined to "loff_t" in
> /include/linux/types.h. I change this "__kernel)loff_t" from "long long"
> to "unsigned long". And the Function gets the same parameters caller gives.
>
> Maybe ppc stack here does not support long long?

This phrase does not make any sense to me. "The stack" is something
that is organized internally by the compiler, and if the compiler
supports "long long", then it does so everywhere, including on the
stack.

You claim "I'm using U-Boot-2009-08", but I understand that your port
is still out of tree, and nobody but you has access to it. As it
appears to be working fine for everyone else, I suspect that the
problems are in your own board code / initialization / configuration.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW:  Any Use of This  Product,  in  Any
Manner  Whatsoever,  Will  Increase  the  Amount  of  Disorder in the
Universe. Although No Liability Is Implied Herein,  the  Consumer  Is
Warned  That  This  Process Will Ultimately Lead to the Heat Death of
the Universe.