[U-Boot] Large Block USB Flash Drive Problem

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Tue Sep 1 21:18:51 CEST 2009

Hi,

>> Well, there was a patch posted for this some time ago:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/u-boot@lists.denx.de/msg05444.html
>> But, this patch broke several 512 byte blocksize devices, so I did not
>> push it to mainline.
>> You might take a look at it, maybe it solves your problem.
>> If you can make it work properly with 512 byte devices as well, I am
>> in for a patch...
>        Do you know if anyone is actively working on this issue?

Not that I am aware of...

> I tried applying the patch to the most recent U-Boot but it doesn't apply cleanly.
> If no one is working on it, I might try to take a look at updating the patch and fixing the issue.

Great!

> Is this not a big issue with people using USB flash drives?
> It seems I'm running into more and more "large block" flash drives.

I heard no complains so far...

> Also, while clicking around the Git repo, I noticed that USB Ethernet support for the AT91 micros was added
> to U-Boot development.  How far along is the USB Ethernet support?  Is it something that can be tested now?

Well, it should be fully operational, and I need to be push it to mainline.
I left it in the u-boot-usb tree for the time being, because the
ARM-subsystem (and lib_arm) was changing a lot lately and I was
waiting until that was stabilised. Probably something for the next
release... Currently the patches are split up in such a way that I can
even push it forward without the ARM support.

Kind regards,

Remy