[U-Boot] Interrupts in uboot with ARM AT91SAM9 (V2)

Manuel Sahm Manuel.Sahm at feig.de
Thu Sep 3 10:31:08 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have to use interrupts in UBoot 1.3.4 - how could I enable them ?

I have an AT91SAM9G20 - in ist header file I enable CONFIG_USE_IRQ und
uncomment the lines#ifdefc CONFIG_USE_IRQ #error .... #endif.
I inserted the lines:
#define CONFIG_STACKSIZE_IRQ (4*1024)
#define CONFIG_STACKSIZE_FIQ (4*1024)

In the file (/lib_amr/interrupts.c) I have to insert a function called
do_irq().
I inserted:

void do_irq(struct pt_regs* pt_regs)
{
 printf("interrupt request\n");
 show_regs(pt_regs);
 bad_mode();
}

When UBOOT starts all seems to be OK, but if I trigger my interrupt -
the system hangs....nothing is printed on screen anmd I can´t enter
anything in the prompt ?

Could you please help me.... ?

I have to trigger an interrupt if the Reset Pin is low to disable the
SDRAM Controller and perform a soft reset (It´s a bug in the
AT91SAM9G20).

Thanks a lot
Manuel