[U-Boot] Virtual addresses, u-boot, and the MMU

Haavard Skinnemoen haavard.skinnemoen at atmel.com
Fri Sep 4 10:58:26 CEST 2009

Mark Jackson <mpfj-list at mimc.co.uk> wrote:
> The functions could also return (architecture dependant) a "remapped"
> address to be used, then we could support:-

Right, and that is the important part: If I'm allowed to return a
remapped address, this API will be trivial to implement on AVR32. If
not, it will be quite difficult (and make everything larger and slower).

Your idea is good; it's mostly similar to what map_physmem() does
today, but perhaps the name is wrong, and I suppose it should probably
flush the caches in addition to just remapping the address.

Haavard