[U-Boot] Starting compressed win CE kernel

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 4 13:09:59 CEST 2009

Dear "A. Geisreiter",

In message <000e01ca2d48$728b0890$57a119b0$@de> you wrote:
> Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.

Please stop doing this. Please post plain text only. Do not post HTML.

> I use U-Boot for starting Windows CE. At the moment I take the nk.bin File
> and start it with the U-Boot patch of Ryan Chen. Now I will compress the
> nk.bin file, because in addition to that it takes much less space in the
> Flash memory. I have tried it with the unzip command, but it takes too much
> time. Can I use another compression tool from u-boot. I think a compressed
> linux kernel can be started with bootm. So can I use maybe only the
> compression tool of the bootm command? If so, how can I do this?

What makes you think that the uncompression code used by bootm would
be any faster than the one used by unzip? It ain't faster, as it is
the very same code actually.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
ATTENTION: Despite Any Other Listing of Product Contents Found  Here-
on, the Consumer is Advised That, in Actuality, This Product Consists
Of 99.9999999999% Empty Space.