[U-Boot] Question AT91SAM9G20 boot from SD

Albin Tonnerre albin.tonnerre at free-electrons.com
Fri Sep 4 19:05:30 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 12:08:26PM +0200, Konrad Mattheis wrote :
> Hi,
>
> I have a AT91SAM9G20 and try to boot from SD-Card.
> I compiled u-boot, but the CONFIG_MMC is missing in the default mode.
> I found the default config for this board in /include/config/at91sam9260ek.h
> there I added the follofing lines:
>
> #define CONFIG_CMD_MMC 1
> #define CONFIG_MMC 1
>
> now I get a compiler error with:
>
> /common/cmd_mmc.c:53: undefined reference to `mmc_legacy_init',.....
>
> Any ideas?

You need an actual SD/MMC driver. Here, the driver is atmel_mci, and you need
#define CONFIG_ATMEL_MCI
in your board config.h

Please note, though, that using the MCI driver on AT91 is not yet supported in
mainline. In particular, please see the threads starting here for further
information:
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/059595.html
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-September/059665.html

Regards,