[U-Boot] Odd value for I2C_TIMEOUT in fsl_i2c.c

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 4 21:23:20 CEST 2009

Dear Scott Wood,

In message <20090904183437.GA20066 at b07421-ec1.am.freescale.net> you wrote:

> > milliseconds, i. e. a time. "(CONFIG_SYS_HZ / 4)" is a frequency,
> > i. e. not a time, but the inverse of it.
> >
> > It is plain wront to write "250 per second" when you mean "250 milliseconds"
>
> It is not a frequency, it is a number of ticks.  This is a very common
> idiom.

CONFIG_SYS_HZ _is_ a frequenzy. It is the number of ticks _per_
_second_. That is the _inverse_ of a time unit, not a time unit.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Misquotation is, in fact, the pride and privilege of the  learned.  A
widely-read  man  never  quotes  accurately,  for  the rather obvious
reason that he has read too widely.
                - Hesketh Pearson _Common Misquotations_ introduction