[U-Boot] s3c24x0 code changes

kevin.morfitt at fearnside-systems.co.uk kevin.morfitt at fearnside-systems.co.uk
Sat Sep 5 18:13:20 CEST 2009

I submitted patches in the last merge window to add support for the Embest
SBC2440-II Board but ran out of time to deal with all of the comments on
the
patches. Because it was a series of 7 patches comments on the early
patches in
the series meant I had to re-work all other patches.

I'd like to try again in this merge window but do it in stages, waiting
until
the patches of each stage get accepted before starting the next stage. The
stages would be:

1. re-format the existing s3c24x0 code to meet the u-boot code style
guidelines
2. add support for the s3c2440 cpu
3. add support for the Embest SBC2440-II Board

I'm aware that other changes are required to the s3c24x0 code such as
moving all
driver code to the drivers directory, using a shared start.S for all
s3c24x0
cpu's, and cleaning up the #ifdef's that check which s3c24x0 cpu we're
building
for, and I could do these and/or other changes before step 3 if anyone
would
prefer. I guess that when a dedicated Samsung SoC custodian starts work
they
may have other ideas as well. I'm more concerned to make it manageable
than to
get the SBC2440-II supported quickly.

Anyway, the code style changes in the original patch generated a few
comments so
I thought I'd describe what I intend to do in case anyone has any comments
before I submit the patches. My plan is to make the following changes:

- run "Lindent -kr -i8 -l80" on all s3c24x0 code then manually clean up
the
  resulting files
- change the existing S3C24X0 register struct's to use lower case names
instead
  of upper case names
- make the code use the readx/writex access functions
- submit the s3c24x0 NAND driver changes as a separate patch

Is there anything else anyone would like to see done in the code style
changes?