[U-Boot] ARM Pull Request

Tom Tom.Rix at windriver.com
Sun Sep 6 22:21:43 CEST 2009

Dirk Behme wrote:
> Peter Tyser wrote:

>>> You missed v5 and v6, no?
>>>
>> My vote is for keeping the board config file named devkit8000.h - that's
>> U-Boot's current, standard naming convention and it matches up with the
>> board name under board/.
>>

> And I vote (as agreed like mentioned above) for omap3_devkit8000.h as
> this is the current, standard OMAP3 config file naming convention
> which matches with all other OMAP3 configs.
>
> Best regards
>
> Dirk

I know i may be muddying this up but..
The devkit8000 looks a lot like the beagle.
Have you already thought of just rolling devkit8000 into beagle?

My opinion on naming is to keep omap3_ prefix consistent.
People used to building with their favorite omap3_* config should continue.
For now, new omap3 boards to use the omap3_ prefix.

If we want to break the config names, we should do it after a release.
A good time for that will be when the omap4 versions come in and we
have to figure out how to put them in.

Tom