[U-Boot] ARM Pull Request

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD plagnioj at jcrosoft.com
Sun Sep 6 22:31:20 CEST 2009

> >>Jean-Christophe: In
> >>
> >>http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/059087.html
> >>
> >>we agreed on omap3_devkit8000.
> >in v4 the author prefer it devkit8000 so I respect it
>
> You missed v5 and v6, no?
no I did not as Frederik Kriewitz said this
'Oh yes, do we really need a v7? Or is v4 (with timll vendor directory) ok'

so I applied this one as the patch is ok

> >for the l2_cache I'm fine to move to omap3 as it's really omap3 specific
>
> Again, you confuse people. From your previous mail:
>
> "as I said now more than 10 times on omap3 we can use the generic
> ARMV7 cache code"
>
> >we clearly need to clean the omap3 and not force other soc to duplicate code
>
> With
>
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/059087.html
???

> we just try to do the opposite: Move the custom code away so that
> Samsung can use its own (generic?) implementation.
When I've said we do not need the custom code for omap3 either so omap3 and
Samsung can use the same code the generic one

Best Regards,
J.