[U-Boot] RFC: split ARM repo and distribute workload

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 6 23:12:41 CEST 2009

Dear Sandeep,

In message <0554BEF07D437848AF01B9C9B5F0BC5D91E07BDB at dlee01.ent.ti.com> you wrote:

> This is also what we have been discussing internally within TI to have an omap/davinci split.

I'm not happy about the idea. If there really is need (or reason) to
split these, I would prefer to do this in a seciond step, after the
general ARM split has been completed and a stable work flow been
established.

> BTW there are SOC's which have an OMAP part number but are actually very similar to DaVinci's.
>
> Since i am quite familiar with the RBLs of all these devices and i have all the EVMs for the various
> SOC's with me i could help in maintaining the repository.
>
> Lets hope this split is OK with the others as well.

Maybe we can at least postpone it?

Would you also take responsibility as custodian for all TI, i. e. OMAP
+ DaVinci, at least for the time being?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Most people would like to be delivered  from  temptation  but  would
like it to keep in touch."                             - Robert Orben