[U-Boot] ARM Pull Request

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 7 18:01:31 CEST 2009

Tom wrote:
> Dirk Behme wrote:
>> Peter Tyser wrote:

>>> My vote is for keeping the board config file named devkit8000.h - that's
>>> U-Boot's current, standard naming convention and it matches up with the
>>> board name under board/.
>>
>> And I vote (as agreed like mentioned above) for omap3_devkit8000.h as
>> this is the current, standard OMAP3 config file naming convention
>> which matches with all other OMAP3 configs.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Dirk
>>

> I know i may be muddying this up but..
> The devkit8000 looks a lot like the beagle.
> Have you already thought of just rolling devkit8000 into beagle?
>
> My opinion on naming is to keep omap3_ prefix consistent.
> People used to building with their favorite omap3_* config should continue.
> For now, new omap3 boards to use the omap3_ prefix.

I agree here, so we are at least 2 ;)

If you really want to change U-Boot's user build interface for OMAP3,
please remember how many documentation you will break with this. And
additionally, please remember how many user you will confuse with
this. At least for BeagleBoard there are already some thousand boards
out there.

Best regards

Dirk