[U-Boot] u-boot-1.3.4 porting problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 8 13:13:24 CEST 2009

Dear =?utf-8?B?546L5Z+55YW7ICA=?=,

In message <131396.27983.qm at web92206.mail.cnh.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> u-boot-1.3.4,which was ported to my board S3C44B0.

U-Boot 1.3.4 is more than a year old - we had 5 official releases
since. Please consider U-Boot 1.3.4 unsupporeted and upodate to recent
code (U-Boot v2009.08).

> now what I got from serial:
> U-boot-1.3.4
> DRAM:8M
> FLASH:2M
> after tracing functions by using "printf" command,I found the problem was "devlist=NULL".
> then I went deep,found the function "NewHandle" ,whitch is related to Create empty List.
> It returned "NULL" ,and the problem is command "calloc".

You misunderstand. "calloc" is not the problem, but just the victim.

> any help is appreciated.

Most probably your RAM initalization is broken, and U-Boot crashes
when staring to run from RAM.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Q:  How many DEC repairman does it take to fix a flat ?
A:  Five; four to hold the car up and one to swap tires.