[U-Boot] Uboot Standalone Applications- Test_burst

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 11 09:57:29 CEST 2009

Dear vneethv,

In message <25396448.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to run the uboot example - the standalone application,
> Test_burst to test my SRAM on Powerpc 440x5 board. Seems like the
> application always crashes when i try to execute the same and it always
> thrown some exception.

No big surprise, I think.

If you look at the history of changes for this code, youc an see (in
the first commit, ID 931da93e: "MPC8xx/PowerPC only").

> When i checked the code i found that there are some opcodes which are not
> supported in ppc440x5 processor. And ppc440x5 also wont support creating a
> pagesize 8MB.
>
> Please let me know if this application has to be rewritten or can be
> modified so that i can use it for ppc440x5 powered board.

Yes, the code has to be rewritten for other hardware. Thorough
understanding of the inner workings will be needed to do that.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Wisdom is one of the few things that looks bigger the further away it
is.                               - Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_