[U-Boot] fsl_i2c: increase I2C timeout values and make them configurable

Wolfgang Grandegger wg at grandegger.com
Mon Sep 14 16:18:23 CEST 2009

Detlev Zundel wrote:
> Hi Timur,
>
>> Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
>>
>>> This will generate the same divisor tables as AN2919, tables 6-9.
>>> I do not take condition 2 into consideration as it not clear how to
>>> deal with it and it does not seem to have an significant impact.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>> I really don't have time to deal with it right now.  Sorry.
>
> Wolfgang (I put him on CC) was the last to propose such an algorithm
> IIRC.  So maybe he has an opinion?

I did not follow the thread yet, sorry. I implemented AN2819 for Linux
(see http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v2.6.31/drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-mpc.c)
some time ago using Timur's table approach. But there is no difference
between the table and the algorithm to calculate the value. The table is
actually derived from the same algorithm.

Wolfgang.