[U-Boot] Firmware Upgrade

Rahanesh rahanesh at tataelxsi.co.in
Tue Sep 15 15:43:59 CEST 2009

Hi  Wolfgang Denk,

Thank you very much for the reply!!!

Few questions:

1)   You said " If your environment is stored in NOR or NAND flash, then
you can use

          the tools from the tools/env/ directory (fw_setenv / fw_printenv)."

   *It is already stored in NOR Flash. This is not in a separate partition. Should it be in a separate partition?
   Currently uboot.bin and environment variable are in mtd1 partition. Any problem? Should i create another partition for        environment variables alone?

*2) I have downloaded  these tools from* http://packages.debian.org/unstable/main/uboot-envtools *. I am not able to make it. I need to cross compile this for MIPS. Can u suggest me an url where i can get the stable and compilable  src code.

Thanks
Rahanesh