[U-Boot] No NAND device found!!! Freescale MPC8544+SAMSUNG 1GB Nand Flash , please help!

Anton Vorontsov avorontsov at ru.mvista.com
Wed Sep 16 19:00:37 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:55:12PM +0800, Bin Meng wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 5:40 AM, duckycool <duckycool at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >   Correction, the nand flash is K9F8G08U0M.
> >

> K9F8G08U0M is a 4KB page size NAND flash.
> Freescale eLBC NAND flash controller does not support 4KB page size.

MPC8544 doesn't have eLBC, so its LBC can't speak NAND directly,
only via UPM (user-programmable machine). And with UPM we can
support any NAND flashes.

As for the original problem, it could be anything: schematics (I assume
it's custom 8544 board), timings setup (OR/BR), or UPM array problem.

Unfortunately it's hard to debug these sort of things without logic
analyzer, so if you don't have one, I'd suggest to play
'trial & error' game.

Cc'ing Wolfgang Grandegger though, maybe he has better ideas.

--
Anton Vorontsov
email: cbouatmailru at gmail.com
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2