[U-Boot] imx27lite stability problems.

javier Martin javier.martin at vista-silicon.com
Thu Sep 17 10:12:12 CEST 2009

2009/9/17 Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>:
> Dear javier Martin,
>
> In message <eedb5540909170031k7b9076eeo8d4f60c799f1a27c at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>> I have tried u-boot for the imx27lite board from LogicPD which is
>> currently in u-boot-arm repository and I have experienced some
>> stability problems:
>> - Sometimes the system gets stuck in serial_getc() from serial_mxc.c
>> driver when printing information (ex. mii read ).
>> - Pings do not work properly, the system gets stuck in fec_send()
>> function waiting always for a frame to be sent (which actually does
>> not happen).
>> - Sometimes the system gets stuck when saving the environment to flash
>> 'saveenv', but other times it does it well.
>
> We don't see any such issues on the board we have here in the lab.
>
>> I would like to help to solve this problems, but I don't know exactly
>> where to begin from. I have been reviewing clock settings. Could this
>> be happening because this board is using 32KHz xtal as reference
>> instead of 26MHz one?
>
> Yes, of course this could be a problem. Is this an original LogicPD
> board?  Did you adapt the code for the different clock speed? What
> exactly did you change?

Sorry, I am not trying it on an original LogicPD board. Our board is
based in i.mx27 ipcam. We have a different phy which is in 0x0 address
instead of 0x1F and we have also a different NOR flash model. We have
also the external 32KHz xtal at 32.768 KHz.

- The init code for our sdram is different as we have different model
and memory configuration, however I made a memory test and all seems
fine.
- I adapted NOR flash configuration and PHY_ADDRESS only, and
experienced the previous problems. I could expect issues with NOR
flash but I don't know why I could have any issue with ethernet.

--
Javier Martin
Vista Silicon S.L.