[U-Boot] Compilation error for fw_printenv

Rahanesh rahanesh at tataelxsi.co.in
Thu Sep 17 14:34:04 CEST 2009

Dear Wolfgang.

> Obviously your cross tool chain does not provide the (needed)
> linux/mtd/mtd.h header file.  Either use a more complete tool chain
> (we use the ELDK), or manually add this file to your cross tool
> chain's headers.

After cross compiling now i get the following behaviour.
        After issuing a fw_printenv it said
        * Bad data CRC, Using default environment... *and printed out
few environment variables.*
*
         Then i did a *fw_setenv bootdelay 6*. It showed some messgaes
of erasing flash. But it actually erased my uboot itself.

         What might be the issue? Any issue with the config file?

          MTD device name   Device offset   Env. size        Flash
sector size   Number of sectors
           /dev/mtd0                0x0000
0x1000               0x10000

What does Device Offset mean?

/dev/mtd0 has both uboot as well as  environment variables. Environment
variables lie at bottom of /dev/mtd0. Is that the meaning of device offset?

  #define CFG_ENV_ADDR        0xAD03F000   (Flash starts at 0xAD000000)
  #define CFG_ENV_SIZE        0x1000
  #define CFG_ENV_SECT_SIZE   0x10000

These are the macros that i found in include/configs/board.h

Please help

Thanks
Rahanesh