[U-Boot] imx27lite stability problems.

javier Martin javier.martin at vista-silicon.com
Fri Sep 18 08:31:18 CEST 2009

2009/9/17 Fred Fan <fanyefeng at gmail.com>:
> Dear Javier Martin:
>
> 2009/9/17, javier Martin <javier.martin at vista-silicon.com>:
>>
>> I've found some problems because the cache is enabled, I don't see any
>> place where you disable it.
>> [Fred] Do you means D-cache is enabled? There are no mmu enabled, D-cache
>> should be disabled as default setting.

This is what I also though but I found it making some debugging
through JTAG + GDB.

As I stated in my first mail, FEC driver was getting stuck after
transmitting a frame in a while() loop. However, using wireshark the
frame had actually been sent. And using GDB I found that in the SDRAM
the while() condition was true, nevertheless the microprocessor was
evaluating it as false. That seemed to cache issues to me, so I put a
"dcache_disable()" just before that while() loop and saw that these
problems were not happening anymore.

What is your opinion?
Thanks.

--