[U-Boot] Adding new U-Boot Command.

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Sep 22 11:52:52 CEST 2009

Hi Tuma,

> Help me please in writting new U-Boot commands.
> What should I do? I should write new file in "/common", something like
> cmd_****, am I right?

This really depends if you want to implement a command which is useful
for all boards, then it should be below common/ or if it is special to
one board.  Then it should go into the board directory.

> So where can I read about cmd_-file structure and how should new
> commands be added?

You have all the source to study.  Look into how other people do it.
Search the history for commits adding new commands and study them.  For
example this commit[1] adds new commands to an already existing file,
but it is a start.

> And how can I add my new file to U-Boot binary?

Make sure it is mentioned in the relevant Makefile.

Cheers
  Detlev

PS: Is the LCD display working now?

[1] http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commitdiff;h=02c9aa1d41f73fdcf8383a36cc0cbbfaf952855d

--
While  the list of  different methods is not  endless, it is certainly
pretty long, with new ones being dreamed up all the time. Fortunately,